My 2015 Goals Re-Visited!

July 24, 2015



We're (more than) halfway through 2015, and I thought I'd do a quick catch-up on the goals I wanted to achieve this year. If you cast your minds back to this blog post, you'll remember I gave myself 5 goals to achieve by December. 


1. Save money
I... unfortunately have failed on this one! I did manage to save every £5 note I had, if only for 3-4 weeks, before spending the money on food or nail polish. Terrible, terrible, I know. I guess I'm not so cut out for long-term saving.

2. Bake more.
Here's one I managed to keep! I baked a ton more this year than other years. I made more of this cake, as well as more of this one! I've made a playlist on YouTube dedicated to my favourite baking videos, as well as a Pinterest board! I've wanted to make more cupcakes, which I plan on doing once winter hits the UK.

3. Stop procrastinating!
I managed to do this really well through the first few months of the year, but the sensation ebbed once my exams were over. Now, it takes even longer to get me to stop procrastinating than it did before! I am trying to quit this bad habit, because my second year of A Levels is nearing every day, and if I don't get into the habit now, it'll be harder for me in September. 


4. Be more hardworking.
This one goes a bit hand in hand with the previous point but, strangely enough, I've managed to keep this one. If I do stop procrastinating, I manage to give whatever task I do 100%. Recently, I've been focused on narrowing down universities, thinking about my course, writing my personal statement, as well as trying to get my EPQ going. I think for me to give 100% I definitely need to stop being lazy, and work hard all the time! During the first half of the year I did work hard, giving 110% in all of my exams. It's just a matter of continuing with it at the rate I'm at. 

5. Be more confident.
This one has been 50/50, I have to admit. I managed to push myself out of my comfort zone and made new friends earlier this year, but really nothing has changed much; I'm still painfully shy and impossible to talk to at social gatherings. I do have hope for the rest of the year, though, and I am confident (haha) that I'll manage to achieve this goal by December.

So, my goals have been more or less, a failure 7 months into 2015, but I do know I will work on these for the next few months.

Thanks, and I'll see you in the next one!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for checking out this post!